Last Modified on March 27, 2019
1. Our Privacy Commitment
Crent, Inc. (the “Company,” “Crent,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) is committed to respecting the privacy rights and concerns of users of Crent’s website, www.crent.com, the Crent mobile applications or any other Crent-owned or operated services (collectively, the “Service”).
We have established and implemented this Privacy Statement to inform visitors to the Service of how we use and protect the information we collect through the Service. This Privacy Statement is effective as of the date set forth above and covers our collection, use, and disclosure of information we collect through the Service. This Privacy Statement answers the following questions:
- What information do we collect about you and how do we use it?
- Will we share your personal information with third parties?
- What choices do you have about the collection and use of your personal information?
- What security measures do we take to safeguard your personal information?
- What Information Do We Collect About You and How Do We Use It?
2. Types of Information We Collect
Personal information means information that can be used to identify and contact you. The Service may collect the following personal information the you provide to us:
- Email address and physical address
- Date of birth
- Social Security Number
- Credit or debit card information
- Bill payment login information
- Bill payment history
This information is collected through registration forms on the Service, by connecting your social media profile to the Service, by contacting us via email or through a contact form on the Service, and by submitting feedback through the Service.
Certain personal information may also be obtained from third parties. This includes information from credit bureaus, bill payees, financial institutions, or other sources used to provide the Service to you. The Service may also collect certain personal information automatically through your use of the Service, such as:
- Device information, such as your computer or smartphone device model number, operating system, and other device specifications
- IP address
- Browser information
3. How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information as follows:
- Communications and Support. Crent may use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send you email communications about our products or services. We will also use your email address to contact you regarding any customer or technical support issues.
- Payment Processing. If you subscribe to the Service, Crent may need for you to provide certain financial information so that Crent may effect a payment transaction. As part of the payment system, Crent, or third parties performing sales processing services on Crent’s behalf, will collect, store and use non-public personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, credit card number, phone number, and your e-mail address. In addition, the payment system will also collect information regarding the actual payment transaction, including the date and amount paid. Crent will store and protect this information in the same manner that Crent stores and protects other personal information.
- Bill Payment Authentication. If you choose to have the Service report your bill payments to the credit bureaus, the Service may use your personal information through a third party authentication service to ensure that you are the individual connected with that bill.
- Credit Bureau Reporting. If you choose to have the Service report your bill payments to the credit bureaus, Crent may use your sensitive personally identifiable information, including your Social Security number, to report those payments to TransUnion, Experian, and other credit bureaus. For more information about your rights as a consumer under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, please visit our FCRA disclosures page here.
- Account Creation and Login. The personal information you provide will allow you to create an account on the Service and to log in and use the Service.
- Analytics and Service Improvements. The Service uses personal information automatically collected by the Service to allow us to analyze usage and make improvements to the Service based on that data.
- Legal Reasons. We will share your Personal Information if we have a good faith belief that:
- access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, such as a court order or subpoena, or a request by law enforcement or governmental authorities,
- such action is necessary to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues associated with the Service, or
- such action is appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Crent, its employees, clients, or users of the Service.
De-Personalizing Your Information:
We may make your personal information non-personally identifiable by either combining it with information about other users (aggregating your personal information with information about other users), or by removing characteristics (such as your name or email address) that make the information personally identifiable. This process is known as de-personalizing your information.
You grant us a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable and fully transferable right and license to use your personal information in connection with the creation and development of analytical and statistical analysis tools relating to the use of the customer data we collect on the Service (the “Analytical Data”). We are expressly authorized to make any commercial use of the Analytical Data, including without limitation, sharing the Analytical Data with third parties.
Cookies and other Technical Information:
“Cookies” are small bits of electronic information that a website sends to a visitor’s browser and are stored on the visitor’s hard drive. Like many websites, we employ cookies in certain areas of the Service to allow us to provide information to make your online experience more convenient and to enhance your experience with the Service. For example, when you return to the Service after logging in, cookies provide information so that the Service will remember who you are on subsequent visits, speeding up or enhancing your experience of the Service by, for instance, tailoring content to you.
Cookies are not spyware or adware, and can’t deliver viruses or run programs on your computer. You may configure your web browsers to accept, reject, or delete cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is being set. We may also use “pixel tags,” otherwise known as web beacons or clear gifs. These are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of website users.
“Do Not Track” Signals:
When you visit the Services, we may also collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. Because there is not yet a consensus on how companies should respond to web browser-based or other do-not-track mechanisms, we do not respond to web browser-based do-not-track signals at this time.
Social Media Sign In:
Our Service interfaces with social media sites, such as Facebook. You can log in to the Service using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or certain other providers. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name, email address, and profile photograph to pre-populate our registration form and your profile on the Service.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13, allow them to create accounts, sign up for news about products and services, or use the Service.
4. How We Share Your Personal Information With Third Parties
We will share the personal information we collect with certain third parties, in the following ways:
- Credit Reporting. When you choose to have the Service report certain bill payments to the credit bureaus, we do so by sharing certain information with those credit bureaus, which may include Equifax, Transunion, and Experian. This information includes your name, date of birth, last 4 digits of your Social Security Number, address and location information, and bill payment history. The use of personal information is necessary in order to comply with the FCRA’s accuracy requirements.
- Identity Verification. When you authenticate your chosen bill payments through the Service, we use third party services (including Trulioo and Telesign) to authenticate your information and ensure that you are authorized to pay that bill. This information includes your name, bill payment login information, social security number, and other identifying information required by these services.
- Software Development. In order to develop and improve the Service, our third-party software developer may have access to certain personal information. Any such access to information with our developer uses the data security protocols described in the section entitled “Keeping Your Personal Information Secure.”
- Credit Report Disputes. If you file a dispute over an item on your credit report through the Service, we transfer the relevant personal information to e-Oscar for reporting of the dispute to the credit bureaus.
- Asset transfers. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of Crent’s assets or a line of business, user information, including personal information collected from you through your use of the Service, could be included in the transferred assets. Should such an event occur, Crent will use reasonable means to notify you through a prominent notice on the Service. By sharing your personal information with Crent, you are giving Crent consent to transfer your personal information to a third party in an asset transfer described here.
5. Additional Information You Should Know About Third Parties
6. What Choices Do You Have About the Collection and Use of Your Personal Information?
When you provide us with personal information, you consent to our collecting, using, and sharing it in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Opting out of certain Data Sharing:
To limit our sharing of certain personal information, do one of the following:
- Visit us online at www.crent.com and use the Contact Us form on the site
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us notice by physical mail at Attn: Crent Legal Department, Crent, Inc., 16820 Ventura Blvd., Encino, CA 91436
Please note: If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we shared this Privacy Statement with you.
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this Privacy Statement. However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
Crent retains the collected data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. Thereafter, Crent deletes all aforementioned data in its possession within a reasonable timeframe. Crent does not verify the correctness of personal data.
In some cases, we may not be able to delete your personal information, and will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations to Credit Bureaus and others, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Please note that some data may be retained if necessary to resolve disputes, enforce Crent’s user agreements, and comply with technical and legal requirements and constraints related to the security, integrity and operation of the Service.
How to Correct or Delete Your Data:
Any individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his or her query to the following email address: email@example.com or through the Contact Us form on the Service. Please include your full name and email address associated with your account and a detailed description of your data request.
In some cases, we may not be able to delete your personal information, and will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
California Residents: Your California Privacy Rights
Under California law, our customers that are California residents may request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. See the section above entitled “How We Will Share Your Personal Information With Third Parties” for more information.
Furthermore, we give customers a mechanism to opt out of having their personal information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may opt out of having your personal information shared with third parties and/or receiving information from Crent about new products, services, or promotions, by contacting us through the Contact Us form on the Service or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name and email address associated with your account and a detailed description of your data request.
If you have any complaints regarding compliance with our privacy and security practices, please contact us first through the Contact Us form on the Service or at email@example.com. We will investigate and attempt to resolve any complaints and disputes regarding our privacy practices.
If any dispute or claim remains unresolved, you and Crent will attempt in good faith to negotiate a written resolution of the matter directly between the parties through mediation services in Los Angeles, California with a mutually agreed mediator.
7. What Security Measures Do We Take To Safeguard Your Personal Information?
We have taken steps to put appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorized way.
These security measures include:
- Limiting access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to access it
- Procedures for dealing with suspected data breaches, including notifying you and any applicable regulators when legally required to do so
- Two-factor authentication available for users to protect their account security, if they desire
- Industry standard 256-bit SSL encryption on our secure Amazon Web Servers, with domain-level data isolation
- Crent employees and agents who have access to your personal information are trained in the maintenance and security of that information.
However, no server, computer or communications network or system, or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or through the Service and you acknowledge and agree that you provide such information and engage in such transmissions at your own risk. Once we receive a transmission from you, we will endeavor to maintain its security on our systems.
8. Changes to this Privacy Notice
This privacy notice was published on March 22, 2019 and last updated on March 27, 2019.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time. When we do, we will inform you via email to the email address you have provided us with through your account, or by sending a message to your account on the Service.
9. How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we collect and store from you.
You can do this through the Contact Us form on the Service, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at our postal address at Attn: Crent Legal Department, Crent, Inc., 16820 Ventura Blvd., Encino, CA 91436.